Explorers is a fully licensed, early learning center for active kids, where children rotate through our campus, learning by what children do best, exploring. Our program is located in the ChampionsTX facility. This setting allows for a truly unique preschool experience by allowing children to learn and grow while doing what they do best, moving and exploring the world around them. Children learn through sensory and movement based experiences. We have placed an emphasis on this style of learning in our classrooms by designing a preschool curriculum that integrates physical play with academic learning. By keeping children’s bodies active, their minds stay actively engaged for a fun, easier time learning!
It is our mission to take advantage of every teachable moment that happens by fostering the creative, social, intellectual, physical, and emotional development of our students.
Our teachers are nurturing and enthusiastic, so that your child feels like their Explorers school is a second home and is inspired every day. Our teachers are dedicated and passionate about creating environments which support a love for learning and building secure relationships. They all participate in ongoing professional development and are committed to furthering their knowledge in early childhood education. Our focus is to prepare, educate, and mentor students for a successful primary school education and beyond.
At the Explorers Adventure School we welcome community partners and families to celebrate childhood while embracing active learning. Our focus is to prepare, educate, and mentor students for a successful primary school education and beyond. It is our mission to take advantage of every teachable moment that happens by fostering the creative, social, intellectual, and emotional development of our students. A play-based approach provides a child-centered curriculum directed by teachers in which children are encouraged to construct their own knowledge. We believe our program reflects the needs and goals of children and families. We look forward to working closely with families which will provide an integrated, comprehensive approach by learning.
It is our goal to provide our children with many opportunities to experience all areas of development with the availability of a wide variety of materials and learning experiences.
- Children will develop respectful behavior for each other and the environment, through pride in work, acceptance of other’s work, and respect for differences as they continue to become autonomous.
- Children will be supported in letter recognition, writing, and sound/symbol association through books, journals, games, puzzles, songs, and our Handwriting Without Tears curriculum.
- Children will experience engineering, science, and technology through the use of classroom technology, experiments, free form building materials, books and group discussions.
- Our objective is to guide children as they continually practice expressing emotions, developing empathetic behaviors, learning appropriate strategies for entering and maintaining play situations, practicing conflict resolution, and strengthening self-discipline and self-confidence.
- In providing a respectful and empathetic environment we intend to develop a community of learners, who care for one another.
Last but certainly not least, we are committed to ensuring that the children, families, and teachers act as collaborators. It is through a strong parenting team that children really prosper. Communication and feedback is encouraged daily through opportunities to share information in the morning, the afternoon, on the phone, at parent-teacher conferences, and monthly events. Monthly newsletters, the @ExplorersAdventureSchool instagram account, and Facebook will further facilitate the exchange of information.
WHAT PARENTS SAY
“We tried five other schools before finding our home at Explorers Adventure School and we couldn’t be happier. My child LOVES going to school now!!”
“Amazing! The school is brand-new, very clean, very well organized. This staff are some of the sweetest people. They’re extremely knowledgeable, and caring. I couldn’t be asking for anything more in my son’s first school experience!”